Lead volume boosts for Bluecube
Find out how we reduced the CPA by more than 50% and ensured PPC was a viable lead generator.
Bluecube is a B2B Managed IT Services Provider. They deliver IT services to their clients 24 hours a day, 365 a year, with a view to be the leading provider of outsourced IT services in the UK. They pride themselves on working to the following values:
- Outstanding Customer Service – doing whatever would impress, and then more.
- Professional Expertise – delivering consistent high quality work.
- Commercial – looking to grow in everything they do.
- Responsible – taking client need seriously.
- Innovate – delivering the best, most efficient and accessible solutions.
- Generous – sharing knowledge and supporting those who need it most.
What they wanted
Bluecube had been using another PPC agency with less than satisfactory results. The CPAs were over £1,200 which at the time was showing PPC to be unviable as a lead generator.
Bluecube presented us with the following challenges:
- Increase Lead Volume
- Decrease CPA
- Increase Brand Awareness
We presented an audit and proposal document. In the audit document we highlighted immediate changes that would improve the account instantaneously and in September 2015, we took over the management of their PPC account.
We were set a target CPA of £650 – a dramatic reduction. The best strategy was to clear the board and start again. Reconfiguring existing, underperforming components of the account is often a false economy. In this case, we started again with a clear plan:
- Ultra-relevant keywords (including negatives)
- Tightly themed, individualised ad copy
- Account broken out into specific campaigns and ad groups relevant to their products and services
How we delivered
owards the end of 2016, we changed the strategy to focus just on IT support as it is their most profitable area. We devised a new plan:
- Focus on six cities that historically generated the most leads
- Tightly geo targeted generic terms campaigns for these cities
- Nationally targeted campaigns with city-specific keywords
- Dedicated PPC phone numbers allowing us to trace phone enquiries to PPC (Feb 2016)
- Expansion into Bing
The implementation of the above has led to an average of 25 leads per month.
And the result?
A CPA 18% below the target set
Lead volume up by a remarkable 1300% as of June this year
PPC always involves ongoing study and development and we are always exploring opportunities for further growth. Good account management should be proactive and intentional, with a determination that more can be achieved with refining and expertise. If your current PPC agency is not adopting this approach, it could be time for a change.
Because of our remarkable success we are now also managing Bluecube’s VOIP arm, Horizon.
What does remarkable success look like for your company? Have a chat with us today. We’d love to hear from you.