The Benefits of Shared Libraries
Shared libraries are a common set of assets that can be used between campaigns and accounts.
These mainly consist of:
- Callout extensions
- Structured snippet extensions
These libraries can easily be shared between different accounts with a common goal.
I am going to show you a step by step guide on how to implement common shared libraries across multiple accounts using both the online interface and AdWords editor
Part 1: Creation
Start with your first account
- Go to the Shared Library section in Adwords (very bottom left)
- Here you’ll have options for all your extension types
In this exercise we’ll work with a shared Callout extension, but this can be replicated for all the extensions mentioned above
- Next step – create your extension
- Don’t be afraid of stating the obvious; if your client sells clothes then it’s a great way to reaffirm the fact they sell clothes
Part 2: Associate The Extension
You’ve created your extension – it now need to be linked to a campaign in the account:
- In AdWords Editor (in the Shared library tab) you need to click + Associations
- Select ‘Add campaign associations’ and then select the campaigns that you would like the new call out extension to be applied to
At this point you’ve successfully created a shared Callout extension and applied it to campaigns in your account
Part 3: Copy & Paste
All that’s left now is to port them over to your other accounts.
- In the original (or source) account select all your Shared callout extensions and copy the extension (press CTRL+C)
- Navigate to the Shared library in the next account
- Select the Shared Callout extensions option and paste it into the account (press CTRL+V)
- Click the + Associations and select ‘Add campaign associations’
- Select all campaigns that you would like to apply the extension too
And that is it, you’ve managed to create a shared extension in one account, associate it with a campaign and then port this shared extension into another account.
Repeat this process for any other accounts that require the extension or for any other extension type.